As you strategically map out ways to cook an extra moist turkey this year, don’t forget to devote a little time to the practice of giving thanks. Thanksgiving serves that purpose, but I have to remind myself daily that my life is pretty damn good because of all the little joys I sometimes breeze over. Seriously, an exceptionally tender taco de birreria or a training session at work might not seem like much, but they are things that contribute to my overall sustainability and growth, and that is a grand thing indeed.
So, what are you thankful for this year? I can think of much, but, in the San Fernando Valley, I can think of 10 things in particular. I’m thankful for:
1. Weather that lets me wear my i am san fernando tank year round.
2. A neighborhood bar. Almost. Eventually.
4. More dining-out options with the new Food Truck Feast at the San Fernando Mall.
5. The recall. Yes, it needed to happen but, no, we’re not out of the dark.
6. Well-deserved recognition for San Fernando in the White House.
7. A local football team that’s helping some remember their pride in community.
8. A documentary (Yes, we’re famous!) about the arts in the northeast Valley.